- Multiple topics; can be downloaded or ordered
Some Assembly Required: The Not-So-Secret Life of a Transgender Teen
- Biography by Arin Andrews with Joshua Lyon
- This informative and easy to read biography tells the story of a young transman, Arin Andrews.
Rethinking Normal: A Memoir in Transition
- Biography by Katie Rain Hill with Ariel Schrag
- This insightful biography tells the story of a young transwoman, Katie Hill.
Note: the above books work well together because the subjects know each other.
- books from ALA/GLBT Round Table
Martin, H.J., & Murdock, J.R. (2007). Serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning teens: A how-to-do-it manual for librarians. New York, NY: Neal-Schuman.
Lowery, S. (2010)(Ed.). Kicked Out. Ypsilanti, MI: Homofactus Press.
- Collection of essays by young people who experienced homelessness
Early, J.R. (2008). Streetchild: An unpaved passage. Bloomington, IN: AuthorHouse.
- Autobiography based on the author’s life on the streets as a young person
Brill, S.A., & Pepper, R. (2008). The transgender child: A handbook for families and professionals. Berkeley, CA: Cleis Press.
- Outstanding parenting book with real life stories
Young, P. S. (2013). Anybody’s daughter. Artesia, CA: Goldman House Publishing.
- Novel about a young girl ensnared in human sex trafficking.